Children on the spectrum are often lacking in hip, trendy language to “sound” cool. Knowing how to drop an epic own is priceless in the ears of peers who are worried about sounding cool. If your autie or Aspie is lacking in this area, I’d recommend you study up with Urbandictionary.com and pass the valuable information along. (Please be forewarned that UD is not the most appropriate place. Understatement.) For now, here is your starter list.
1. Epic: Can be used to refer to anything but is usually referring to a particular event or action. The most common usages are “epic win” or “epic failure.” Occasionally people use the phrase “Epic ___” as a stand-alone sentence or phrase. It has been overused as “the” catch phrase used to describe a situation, person, event, movie, talking trash,etc. The abuse and birth as a catchphrase has its origins among avid gamers and pretentious English majors.
2. Fail: Either an interjection used when one disapproves of something or a verb meaning approximately the same thing as the slang form of “suck”.
3. Own/Pwn/Ownage/Pwnage: To win a round in a game (usually a video/pc game); to beat someone at a game (usually a video/pc game); to be better at something than someone (usually a video/pc game).
4. Chillaxin’: The state of being totally relaxed and chilled, beyond that of being just relaxed or chilled.
5. Cool Story Bro: A phrase sarcastically used to indicate one’s disgust or indifference towards a story.
Please add any colloquialisms that might help!